Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back 2 Skool: Makeup

Hi everyone, so the day this post goes up will be our first day of school:( but throughout the rest of August I will still be doing Back 2 Skool posts. Today I am going to be talking about what I believe is appropriate to wear by grade. I am not saying you have to wear any makeup and you should defiantly talk to a parent or guardian about what their rules are.

5th Grade and Under: Not a lot of makeup I believe should be worn in this age category but if you need some concealer to cover any insecurities or blemishes make sure it is your color and not considerably darker or lighter. I recommend one from the drugstore because it is cheaper but it is totally your preference.

6th Grade: Again not a lot of makeup should be worn in this category but usually this is where you will see a lot more girls wearing makeup. I think a good BB cream or tinted moisturizer and lip gloss would be appropriate, but maybe if you are a little more oily you may want to use a powder. Again a drugstore powder would work fine I like the ELF powder but if you do have money for a more higher brand I like MAC Mineralize Skin finish Natural. But for gloss any color would be fine except maybe a red or very bold color.

7th Grade: In this category again a BB cream or tinted moisturizer with an optional powder, or concealer gloss, mascara, and other optionals could be a blush or a LITTTLLLLEEEE!! eyeliner. Just a veryyyyyyyyyyyyy little on the bottom can make all the difference but please don't make it look like the overly talked about "raccoon eyes." You may not think it is bad but people are 100% sure going to make fun of you. A tip to avoid this is to run your cleansed finger under your bottom water line and if there is eyeliner on your finger you may want to put makeup remover on a Q-tip and run it under your lashes to remove excess liner.

8th Grade: In this age an actual foundation may be necessary for some of you to wear with powder and concealer. Again a very little amount of eyeliner, mascara, and some neutral eyeshadow I think is appropriate with lip gloss and blush.

What I did was just added more and more products each year to wear but didn't overdue it sometimes if I was in a rush in the morning some people could tell I was wearing makeup but I tried to keep it easy. I think about 8th grade is when you can kind of wear the whole package of makeup and when everyone starts to never go out in public without wearing makeup. But again keep it simple.


We are not being paid to do this blog post, all opinions are our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment